Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

All Ready for Some Football

Well, y'all.  It's now roughly 12 days away from the start of Saints preseason and I've already got jitters!  Not because I have any doubt that our boys in da black and gold can two-peat, but because I'm always nervous before every game.  I mean, one would think that I put on pads, a helmet, and cleats and step out onto the field for 16 games (12 when I'm watching LSU).  I guess I do in spirit, but that's another story.

It's just that I'm very passionate about the game of football.  And I have a lot riding on this season.  You see, my whole house almost gets shaken off the foundation on gameday.  We're all huge LSU Tiger fans (I love dem Jags in the SWAC too), but when it comes to the pros, that's where the house gets divided.  My daughters and I are loyal Saints fans.  My husband and son are Steelers fans.  Somebody will be in the doghouse on Halloween night, won't they? 

Friends, I am surrounded by HATERS!  It's something because these Steeler fans are already talkin' smack as are these 49er and Cowboy fans who live around me.  Needless to say, someone will want to move out of this neighborhood by the end of the regular season.  But enuff about all those LOSERS.  It's time to talk about our beloved defending Superbowl Champs.

Let's start with my boy, Lance Moore who I call L Boogie (He does the best Jerk after a TD in the entire NFL).  I've got it on good authority that he is looking sharp in training camp.  But that comes as no surprise because he has a pair of the surest hands on the team.  I hope we get to see more of him this year because he is dynamic and his natural athletic ability is certainly a commodity.  Besides, maybe he'll teach me how to Dougie when he scores a touchdown.  I've been trying to learn it for weeks!

Next time we'll talk about some defense.  I could talk about Darren Sharper all day, but that too is another story.  Until next time, y'all pray for me.  I gotta get these haters off me.

No comments:

Post a Comment